Anchor is a program host. Anchoring is the art of presenting or delivering a program. It is, in other words introducing the audience to the program.
- TV news anchors present news in different languages -foreign, national and regional languages.
- Program anchors specialize in entertainment programs such as award shows, music & dance shows, comedy shows, reality shows, cooking, sports, crime reports or talk shows and debates etc.
- Anchor should keep the audience engaged for maximum response.
- Anchor needs to be charged up, passionate, enthusiastic and should possess detailed knowledge of issues. The nature of the programme determines the anchor’s conduct.
How to get into it?
Studying and passing class 12th and graduation in any stream or subject. After which take a Diploma in Anchoring/ Dubbing/ Compering/ Broadcasting to become an Anchor!
Studying and passing class 12th and graduating in any stream or subject. After graduation appear for the Qualification or selection exam for Door Darshan/ AIR to become an Anchor!
TV channels, Radio stations, Hosting award functions/reality/ comedy/music/dance shows, etc
- Star Plus
- Aaj Tak
- Sahara News
- BBC Fox News
- CNN IBN
Top Institutions offering the course
- Asian Academy of Film and Television (AAFT)
- Center for Research in Art of Film and Television
- IAAN School of Mass Communication
Looking for more career options? Try Reading:
- Career Choice: Alternate Medicine: https://www.mypower.in/2018/11/02/career-choices-alternative-medicine/
- Scope and Opportunities in Design Animation and VFX: https://www.mypower.in/2018/11/02/the-scope-and-opportunities-in-design-animation-and-vfx/
- Career Choice in Economics! A College check list: https://www.mypower.in/2018/11/23/career-choice-in-economics-college-check-for-economics/