General Knowledge or General Awareness is very important for school kids, college students and even working people. For every age group, it plays an important role. General Knowledge means the general and necessary things every person needs to know. It is the basic knowledge of the present society that one needs to know for their easy survival. GK is related to the general intelligence. In general, for those who have more memory power can memorize more things and will have more general knowledge.
General knowledge can be defined as the crystallized memory one gets by the extensive experiences and the general intelligence one can achieve through extensive training and information in a single medium or language. It is associated with long-term schematic memory ability. The capacity of a person to memorise the things improves one general knowledge.
Important tips to improve General Knowledge
- A proper and healthy diet plays an important role. A healthy living person can memorise any number of things easily. The brain needs to be healthy and free of stress to memorize all the things.
- Always prefer to get training and information in a single language that one can understand easily according to their perspective. The change in language often leads to few misunderstandings and also the reader may not show interest if the language is not understandable.
- Always be updated with the current situation in the society. The important changes occurring, the new policies introduced, the important treaties signed etc., everything that affects the common man should be known. The main details of such events should be summarized.
- Regular use of the GK books, follow up of newspapers and news in the television also helps to improve general knowledge.
General Books to be Referred
General Knowledge cannot be learnt through a single book. It is vast and requires the practice of lots of books. Among them, a few books are
- Pearson General Knowledge Manual 2017 by Edgar Thorpe and Showick Thorpe,
- General Studies by Mandhar Pandey,
- Lucent’s General Knowledge,
- Manorama Year Book,
- Bk’s Objective General Knowledge etc.,
General Knowledge cannot be achieved only through books, it is a vast subject and requires lots of experience along with extensive training. General Knowledge is required for all competitive exams these days. Even in personal interviews, general knowledge plays an important and major role. So proper training is required for a person to get a good grip on the general awareness.
Practice mock tests available! Click
To Read similar articles read: https://www.mypower.in/2018/12/28/prepare-quantitative-aptitude-questions/