The word current affair doesn’t cover a single topic. It covers information regarding many topics like sports, business, education, politics etc. It provides information to all the age groups of people since, from a college student to a pension receiving old man require information about what is going on in the society. They need to get themselves updated about various things going on for their survival. Without knowing the society, one can be deceived easily.
For those who want to get a score in the entrance tests, current affairs play a major role.
One needs to get a minimum score in current affairs to qualify a particular exam. Any competitive paper is incomplete without this part. It comprises of all the events going on globally. One can’t know about all the events in a day or two. Regular follow up of these events is necessary to get a good grip on them. And to remember them is more important because just knowing them doesn’t help in getting good marks.
So, the only way to remember them is by following up on them regularly and staying updated. Yes, by regular follow up it won’t be a burden for those who are preparing for the exams. In personal Interviews, there will be at least one question related to recent events. So, knowing them helps one to answer easily.
With the globalization, the world has become a global village: every event occurring in the world influence the day to day life of a common man. Without knowing about what is going on, one can be deceived easily. If we don’t stay updated, then we can’t know about the latest events like the new government policies, the new laws made by the government, the terrorist attacks, the share market etc. Being updated helps a common man by providing knowledge about where to invest and save his money.
Staying updated makes the life of a common man more comfortable.
An interaction with an updated person is always pleasurable. Also, few success stories of great people serve as an inspiration to the youth.
Tips to be updated
- In olden days staying updated was a difficult task. But today, with a drastic change in media and information technology, staying updated is easy.
- Read newspaper daily. For those who have time can read two to three papers a day. Newspapers help to gather more information.
- Watch the news channels regularly. They are the fastest media available these days.
- Regular follow up on the internet is also a good way to get updates these days. It is better to join a few social groups like Facebook, Twitter,etc.
- Interact with people like teachers, Parents, elders etc.
- Few magazines also provide valuable information. Though classic magazines are rare, despite few are resourceful.