How to join Merchant Navy
- B.Sc. Nautical Science
- B.E. Marine Engineering
- B.E. Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering
- B.E. Petroleum Engineering
- B.E. Harbour & Ocean Engineering
- B.E. Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Should at least complete education up to class 12.
- Candidates have to be unmarried Indian citizens (Male or Female).
- Normal vision is preferred, but glasses up to plus or minus 2.5 are also allowed in some cases.
- The candidate should have a sound medical history.
Merchant Navy job profiles
- Deck officer (navigation officer)
- Electro-technical officer (ETO)
- Hospitality crew
The salary ranges from as low as Rs 12,000 to up to Rs 8,00,000 per month, depending on the designation, company and operating nation.
What makes a career in merchant navy so exciting?
- High pay-packages – Lucrative annual compensations are available.
- Tax Benefits – Tax exemption applied if he is on-board a vessel for a minimum of six months.
- Destinations Galore – Get to experience various exotic destinations across the world.
- Adventurous life – Handling unexpected situations and emergencies
- Vacations – After completion of onboard duty for six months, a vacation of 2-3 months is allowed, in some cases, it can be further extended.
For more career choices read:
Career Choices: Aqua culturist- https://www.mypower.in/2019/02/12/career-choices-aquaculturist/
Career Choices: Cartoonist- https://www.mypower.in/2019/02/11/career-choices-cartoonist/
Career Choices: Chocolatier- https://www.mypower.in/2019/01/28/career-choice-chocolatier-chocolate-lover/